I posted this a year and a half ago, and I’m convicted again by it. This week I’m taking a blog vacation and will be reposting a few lessons that are still relevant for me. I hope they’re a blessing!
When my kids grow up, what will they say my life revolved around?
- The computer?
- The phone?
- Good Christian books?
I’d like my life to revolve around the Bible. It’s one thing to tell them how important God’s word is, but if my life says otherwise, my words will not be convincing. I must also be modeling a love and passion for our God, a thirst for His Word, and a willingness to let every part of my life be governed by it.
How can I accomplish this?
- Do my devotions when they are awake.
- Talk about what I am reading.
- Think through how I can apply God’s word in my daily life.
- Explain to my children how my actions are connected to God’s Word.
- Help them do the same thing.