Of course, there are the non-helpful things that I didn’t include, like Stop crying or Let mommy finish this on the computer. And I didn’t put any specific praise comments, although I hope (and think) that I say these repeatedly, too. I don’t remember those words, but these are the things I’ve been saying more than once throughout the day and somehow they’ve stuck with me. Do you ever feel like a broken record? I do! But I’m reminding myself that I must be faithful in the small things.
- Say help me
- Come. When mommy says come, you must obey. This is how you come.
- Mommy will be right back.
- Think about what you are doing right now.
- Try asking again without whining.
- Use your spoon.
- Mommy will not leave you.
- You’ve already told mommy ________. If you say it again you are complaining.
- Was that good teasing or unkind teasing?
II Thessalonians 3:10-13 For even when we were with you, this we commanded you, that if any would not work, neither should he eat. For we hear that there are some which walk among you disorderly, working not at all, but are busybodies. Now them that are such we command and exhort by our Lord Jesus Christ, that with quietness they work, and eat their own bread. But ye, brethren, be not weary in well doing.