When do you find is a profitable time to talk with your children?
- I’ve grown to love breakfast talks. They’re sitting in one place while they’re eating, something helpful for conversation.
- One mother related how her teenage son would chat while she scratched his back.
- Another scheduled a class to take with her daughter at a community college an hour away. The drive was a perfect time to talk.
- Some mothers schedule special times with their children, away from distractions.
- My dad regularly took me out on dates when I was in junior high and high school. I know I talked a great deal.
What are the best ways you’ve found for facilitating conversations with your children?