It has been fun to watch God answer prayer regarding friends, just in this last week.
- God allowed me to see occasions where young people my children admire greatly demonstrated genuine Christian love and character. I bragged for a long time about those friends on the way home from church, and told my children how pleased I was that they were choosing wise friends to admire.
- God is helping my own children to seek out sweet children, some with a relationship with Christ.
- God has helped me to deny my own preferences (to be a hermit) in order to allow my children more time at church playing with others. (Tonight we left at 9:00!) It was a blessing to seem them interacting with others.
- God has helped me to find several like minded families in our church with children our own children’s ages who also live within driving distance and whose schedules permit getting together.
- God is reminding me that finding friends, organizing play dates, and teaching my children what to value in friends is time worth spent. It’s not something I would have felt an urgency about had I not been thrown into a new environment, far from my comfort zone. (Once again, He’s used the military in my life for good.) It is far too easy to go along with the status quo and just be happy that my children are out of trouble and not bothering me, even when they’re playing with good Christian children.
I am still praying. I’ve noticed some areas where our children need more instruction. I realize that I need to help my five year old learn her friends’ names. Not knowing who she is playing with makes her feel friendless at times. I need wisdom on making wise choices with time and priorities.